Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Scubasi
08-05-2011, 09:39 PM
Scubasi
Hi all, my name is Simon and as you would have probably guessed from my user name i am a scuba diver as well as a fisherman. So i get the best of both worlds, catching fish and swimming with them. I have only been a member for three years and only really fished Melton and Mill farm. I have however fished many venues around the world with my favorite to date being the Ebro in Spain. Here i caught my biggest to date, a 168lb wells catfish (awesome).
Anyway thats me and i hope to chat to as many members as poss
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2011, 09:44 PM
RE: Scubasi
(08-05-2011 09:39 PM)scubasi Wrote:  Hi all, my name is Simon and as you would have probably guessed from my user name i am a scuba diver as well as a fisherman. So i get the best of both worlds, catching fish and swimming with them. I have only been a member for three years and only really fished Melton and Mill farm. I have however fished many venues around the world with my favorite to date being the Ebro in Spain. Here i caught my biggest to date, a 168lb wells catfish (awesome).
Anyway thats me and i hope to chat to as many members as poss

Hi Simon
Welcome to the Froum. I mainly fish at the springs although i have been fishing at little Melton the last few weeks and i also intend on fishing at Mill Farm soon. I hope to see you down the lake sometime
Mike

Mobile: 07710268854
mhammond57@hotmail.com

All round Angler.
08-05-2011, 10:07 PM
Will do Mike and maybe you can give me some tips for fishing the springs. I fished it twice last year and blanked on both. Huh
09-05-2011, 09:15 AM
Hi Simon welcome to Wroxham Ac forum, good to have you on board.
11-05-2011, 11:38 AM
(08-05-2011 10:07 PM)scubasi Wrote:  Will do Mike and maybe you can give me some tips for fishing the springs. I fished it twice last year and blanked on both. Huh

Only Blanked Twice thats nothingTongue
The Springs is not the place for easy fishing. Sometimes you can catch it right and have a quick fish but most put in lots of time before getting one on the line. I had about 7 carp last year after putting in ALOT of time lol
This year i have fished there lots and although i have hooked a couple i have not had 1 on the bankAngry
I know 1 guy who fished lots last year and didnt catch anythingConfused
I can give you some tips on The Springs but its the people with patience that end up catchingBig Grin
See you there sometime

mhammond57@hotmail.com

All round Angler.
11-05-2011, 09:43 PM
So it really is a tough venue then. What is there actually in there to be caught Exclamation
11-05-2011, 09:49 PM
(11-05-2011 09:43 PM)scubasi Wrote:  So it really is a tough venue then. What is there actually in there to be caught Exclamation

Thats up for debate lol
Last year by brother had a 26lb common.
Ive seen a few good fish and a fair amount of doubles. Its the unknown that im after lolBig Grin

mhammond57@hotmail.com

All round Angler.
11-05-2011, 10:00 PM
Is it just a carp water
11-05-2011, 10:12 PM
(11-05-2011 10:00 PM)scubasi Wrote:  Is it just a carp water

No not just carp. There are Roach, Rudd, perch, Pike, Bream, Tench And the Carp. I had a Pike a few weeks back at about 17lb. I have had bream at about 7lb and tench at 7lb. Its very unlucky that all the carp i have landed were all 9lb lol but out of the 5 fish my brother had the lowest weight was 13lb. But from The Springs any Carp is good and maybe the next one will be a good one lol

mhammond57@hotmail.com

All round Angler.
15-05-2011, 04:51 PM
Can anyone help me with advice on adding pictures, it keeps saying cannot upload the file is to big