Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ticket allocation for next season
15-06-2018, 08:29 AM
Ticket allocation for next season
If you would like to put your name on the list to be included in the 20 closed ticket group for the springs please contact me and il add your name to the list.

Regards Phill

Committee member who's always around to help contact me with any problems.

"Leave nothing but footprints take nothing but photos"
[b[/b]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-06-2018, 12:21 PM
RE: Ticket allocation for next season
Hi Phill, did not realise you needed a separate ticket to fish the springs, is this a new venture.

Regards

Paul
15-06-2018, 07:35 PM
Hi please add Daniel nicholls and Ben Coleman to the rackheath list thanks Daniel nicholls
20-06-2018, 01:32 PM
I would just like to point out some facts about the decision to make Rackheath springs a split membership next season for those people that don’t know the facts or are not members of the Club.
The motion was put forward to the AGM to run Rackheath Springs as a split ticket membership within Wroxham & District AC. This was debated and voted on at the AGM and passed. Of all the people at the AGM there were maybe 5 or 6 people who had fished the Springs during the past year, the rest of the members present fish our other waters and have no interest in the Springs.
Anyone who goes to the Springs regularly will know how few people join to fish there and this means the Springs is a financial burden to the Club. The idea behind doing a split ticket is to increase revenue and ease the cost of supporting the Springs to the bulk of the membership, whilst also improving the lake. Without this move the cost of membership would have to go up for all members.
A lot of work has been done recently at the Springs, swim’s refurbished, paths worked on, new stocking, etc, to improve the lake and get more people fishing there, I would like to thank Matthew, and all the rest who helped out. Whilst we still have a way to go progress is being made. In regards to the cost of the ticket, I believe £120 still represents great value for money to fish the Springs plus all our other waters in comparison to other syndicate / day ticket waters.
The face of angling is constantly changing and the Club has to change as well. I have heard plenty of calls over the years that the Club should give up Rackheath Springs altogher and that is something we are trying to avoid. At the end of the day it was the members at the AGM who voted for this.

Committee member who's always around to help contact me with any problems.

"Leave nothing but footprints take nothing but photos"
[b[/b]
20-06-2018, 04:31 PM (This post was last modified: 20-06-2018 04:31 PM by pcurtis.)
Hi, many thanks for the update, unfortunately I was able to attend the AGM, so this is the first time I have heard about change.
Even "unable" to attend the AGM
29-06-2018, 05:25 AM
please add Phil Middleton to the list for Rackheath springs.

Many Thanks
Phil (membership number 81)
04-09-2018, 06:41 PM
Please add me to the list Tom McDonald