Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
springs
11-11-2018, 12:09 AM
springs
Just been reading the thread about work parties at rackheath springs, interesting reading, especially the piece concerning the "chosen 20" being able to fish next year. If, as I have previously been informed, the decision to split the springs from the main ticket was based on it being not financially viable, surely the best way would have been to offer it to all at the enhanced ticket price, potentially raising more cash for either the springs or the whole club. Maybe even enough to buy some bins so the people fishing at the springs recently could put their empty pot noodle containers in, instead of partially burning them on small fires. Or even use the rusty bbq left in one swim next to the increasing number of plastic chairs dotted around. Having fished the springs for a number of years ( sadly not the last few due to personal reasons) it now appears I will no longer be able to, I did in fact reply to the post regarding names being put forward, but with no reply at all. If the 20 are fully funding the angling rights to the springs with the small increase in membership costs then the financial burden to the club could not have been too great, If however the cost of the springs is still being subsidized the the rest of the members then having a closed and limited membership to the springs is somewhat unfair and quite immoral.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-01-2019, 09:19 AM
RE: springs
I can't find the full membership prices for next season anywhere.
Will there be any increase for next season for the full membership?
27-01-2019, 02:35 PM (This post was last modified: 27-01-2019 03:41 PM by PhillH82.)
Hi all names have been added to the list and we will be working thou the names and offering those 20 who put there names down first a ticket following that any left over tickets will be offered to people on the reserve list in number order if you would like to know where you are on the list please email me or pm me DO NOT REPLY ON HERE.

Thie decision to split the ticket has not been taken lightly and has been done only for the reason of making the Springs less of a burden on the Club we plan to increase stock and ticket price accordingly over the next 5 years.

I am disappointed that you found some rubbish and I will look into this but can assure you this is not normal I fish the springs and have seen non. The bbq has been moved and dealt with.

Committee member who's always around to help contact me with any problems.

"Leave nothing but footprints take nothing but photos"
[b[/b]
03-02-2019, 04:21 AM
Hi,
I fully understand the reason to split the ticket, but as you stated this is still a financial burden on the club as a whole, The issue I am failing to fully understand is why there needs to be a limited number of people allowed to fish the springs with a waiting list in place, when it will still be subsidized by the rest of the members. I am sure there are a number of members who would be willing to pay the extra cost, if only to visit on the odd occasion.
10-02-2019, 12:00 PM
(03-02-2019 04:21 AM)phil Wrote:  Hi,
I fully understand the reason to split the ticket, but as you stated this is still a financial burden on the club as a whole, The issue I am failing to fully understand is why there needs to be a limited number of people allowed to fish the springs with a waiting list in place, when it will still be subsidized by the rest of the members. I am sure there are a number of members who would be willing to pay the extra cost, if only to visit on the odd occasion.

Hi I see your point. we had to make it a benifit to the members who want to pay more to fish the springs this has been done by limiting the number of people who can fish the springs. As there are only 10 pegs now we also needed to limit numbers. The plan is to increase the price over the next few years to fully subsidize the springs stopping the burden on the Club. The club looked at the springs and with only 5-6 people regular people fishing the springs this was the best way forward to bring more money to the Club.

Like I said we thought long and hard about this and have had votes about it.

If you still feel this is a problem please feel free to contact Peter Norton to discuss further

Committee member who's always around to help contact me with any problems.

"Leave nothing but footprints take nothing but photos"
[b[/b]
11-02-2019, 07:03 AM
(10-02-2019 12:00 PM)PhillH82 Wrote:  
(03-02-2019 04:21 AM)phil Wrote:  Hi,

Hi I see your point. we had to make it a benifit to the members who want to pay more to fish the springs this has been done by limiting the number of people who can fish the springs. As there are only 10 pegs now we also needed to limit numbers. The plan is to increase the price over the next few years to fully subsidize the springs stopping the burden on the Club. The club looked at the springs and with only 5-6 people regular people fishing the springs this was the best way forward to bring more money to the Club.

Like I said we thought long and hard about this and have had votes about it.

If you still feel this is a problem please feel free to contact Peter Norton to discuss further
Hi, If there are only 5 or 6 people who fish the springs then how come the 20 places are full and there is a waiting list?. and with regard to "making it a benefit to those who wanted to pay more to fish the springs" this hasn't been achieved. and the "best way forward to bring more money to the club" would be to have an open ( with a price increase) membership to the springs. And "limiting the number of members due to only having 10 pegs" at the springs is completely contradicted by " only 5 or 6 people regularly fishing the springs". It does sound as if the venue is being turned into a closed syndicate with ordinary members being turned away whilst continuing to subsidize the transition.